The Kodiak History Museum has many ways for volunteers to work with the public or behind the scenes. Volunteers are encouraged to choose from many possible roles includible greeting visitors, leading tours through our historic building and exhibits, assisting with educational programming, and more.
We continue to grow and thrive through the efforts of our many dedicated volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering at the Kodiak History Museum, please fill out the Volunteer Form on this page, call 486-5920 or email email@example.com.
- Greeters welcome visitors, take admissions, and provide basic information about our community.
- Docents provide visitors with educational tours to enhance their understanding of Kodiak’s cultural history.
- Collection Assistants help in documenting the permanent collection, cleaning and storing artifacts, and researching collections.
- Researchers review, update, and index our research files.
- Education and Programming Assistants support our Curator of Education with outreach to the public.
- Retail Assistants help with the display and sale of the Museum Store merchandise.